The GSO Dobsonian line is particular model serves a very clear purpose, to offer a large aperture and an excellent image quality at reasonable cost. Set-up is as easy as you can imagine very simple assembly with the rocker box and put it on the ground, insert the telescope tube and you’re ready to go to navigates through the night sky by simply moving the tube up or down, or side to side, by hand.
If you are using the heavy eyepiece, you may just adjusts with the aluminum side bearing a little bit tight allow you to get better balance, if you would like to install the camera, the side bearing could be move total 25mm on the tube.
All GSO dobsonian use optical quality BK7 glass, cooling fans built into the rear cell to decrease cooling times, also all dobs use a roller bearing on the azimuth surface providing dozens of support points for smooth swivel motion. The deluxe model comes with 2″ Micro 10:1 Crayford style focuser and 1.25″ adapter.
* 16″ Parabolic primary mirror
* Focal length: 1800mm, F/4.5
* 2″ Precision Micro 10:1 Crayford style focuser
* 2″ 35mm Eyepieces Extension tube
* 18 points mirror cell w/ 4.7″ cooling fan.
* Roller bearing wood base
* All CNC made adjustment side bearing
* 8x 50mm fully multi-coated achromatic Finder
* Premium Plossl 9mm (1.25″)
* Premium SuperView 30mm (2″)
* Moon filter included
* 2″ Eyepieces tray