The DayStar Solar Scout is a dedicated Hydrogen Alpha solar telescope with an aperture of 60mm.
60mm Entry Level “DS” H alpha telescope optical tube assembly. All SS60ds telescopes feature a narrow, ‘doublestack’ bandpass performance (please note that this is not a conventional Double-Stack design which usually has a second front-mounted etalon). The engineers at Daystar have made great strides in cost reduction so that they can now offer a quality 60mm H alpha telescope at unheard-of pricing!
The SS60 is only offered in a “Chromosphere” model which contains an etalon with a bandpass in the range of 0.3 – 0.5 Å (angstroms). The Chromosphere model will show the highest contrast on the solar surface, and will show some broad prominences, although not in great detail.
- 930mm Effective Focal Length
- Best Priced 40-60mm H-alpha Telescope
- “Doublestack” like performance
- Robust and precision accuracy: Helical Front-Focus can’t slip and does not turn the eyepiece.
- Solar Bullet finder projects safely onto white screen.
- 16mm eyepiece aperture.
- Adaptable for 2″ or Camera mount / views
- Always on-band with USB power, 5v 1.5amp
110-240VAC wall adapter (Optional 24mAh battery available)
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault
- 3 year warranty
* Quark component is not interchangeable on SS60ds. Original SS60 telescopes can interchange Quark optical components, but for cost reduction needs, the SS60ds has an all-in-one conjoined construction.
** Application of 2″ eyepieces or components, and Camera T-adapters require additional, optional accessories. Diagonal shown in photo is optional.