1.25″ Red Filter
- A red filter helps to red
- A red filter helps to reduce glare.
- This really helps observations of Mercury in the twilight when the planet is low down.
- If observing the inferior planets during daytime this filter helps to reduce the brightness of the daytime sky, increasing the contrast.
- Used on Mars it gives great definition between the dark and bright surface features and polar caps.
- This filter gives great contrast between Jupiter’s dark belts and brighter zones.
- One disadvantage is that the low light transmission of this filter means that it can only really be used with larger telescopes.